The ideal candidate will have sales experience, ability to work in an environment with minimal supervision, comfortable working across multiple complex functions and capability to influence external parties. The candidate should be comfortable interfacing with technology systems, training other stakeholders on systems and processes and be able to analyze data and gather actionable conclusions. Operating in a rapidly changing environment will require the candidate to be adept at dealing with ambiguous, new and challenging situations. The candidate will be comfortable in executing repeatable processes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand products and services offered by DCSS and be able to articulate its functions and benefits to external audiences.
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals we target for various DCSS services using local knowledge.
- Identify valuable sellers and selection for DCSS.
- Acquire retailers with valuable selection and establish long-term partnerships.
- Own and manage integration of portfolio of sellers and help them become self-reliant through basic training.
- Track and monitor performance and sales of key partners to manage their performance.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- More than 1+ years of experience in sales.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred.
- Passion for e-commerce is required.
- Experience in an analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
- Proven ability to manage the business “by the numbers”. Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Experience working with SME retailers is an advantage.
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media would be an advantage.
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desired.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES::
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, perseverance and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Disciplined in executing repeatable operational processes.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Has sound judgment and ability solve on the spot.
- Makes good decisions when analysis of data is not sufficient to reach a conclusion.
- Simplifier but at the same time things big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box. Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems.